Monday 6 May 2013

Walnut & Sultana Coleslaw

Now that it's getting warmer outside, I'm starting to think of some easy meals to make that are filling, low in calories and don't involve using the oven or spending a lot of prep time in the kitchen.

In the summer, one of my favourite things to eat is a big salad. The other day I decided to put together a really simple slaw from what I already had in the fridge. If possible, I always choose fresh veg over packaged.

This dish was made with shredded cabbage, grated carrot, red onion, spring onion, walnuts and sultanas. I tossed it all with a couple of tablespoons of vegan mayo. It took only 5 minutes to prepare and it was delish!


What sort of salads do you enjoy?

1 comment:

Kitty Chan's Kitchen said...

I made this dish again today and added a teaspoon of curry powder and replaced the walnuts with cashews - yum!